mardi, février 10, 2009

Chelsea: Scolari is sacked and Drogba admits difficult time

Chelsea's Ivorian striker Didier Drogba has admitted he is finding life "difficult" at the club, but has vowed to help his team get back on track.

Drogba had been out of favour under Luiz Felipe Scolari, who was sacked as manager on Monday February the 9th.

Scolari had been under pressure after facing taunts from Chelsea fans after their 0-0 draw at home to Hull.

"It's a little difficult at the moment, but we will find ways to return," Drogba said, before Scolari's sacking.

"You can't have a 10-year career where everything is great. I am in a period like that - a little less good.

"Is this difficult to experience? If I say no, people will say I am not ambitious. If I say yes, people will think I am demoralised when it is really not the case.

"It is not easy but it is not the end of the world. The main thing is that I am in good health physically," Drogba told French newspaper L'Equipe.

The Ivory Coast forward's comments came as he stopped off in France on his way to Turkey, where the Elephants play a friendly international on Wednesday.

Aucun commentaire: